How I would handle the income cap.

Go down

How I would handle the income cap.

Post  RexButtercup on Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 17:28

I know pretty much all of the big nationwide gangs are going to hate this idea, but allow me to explain my idea for the income cap.

To me, this game is partially weakened by the fact that a new player, especially one who joins in the social chat, is quickly bombarded with invites to join gangs that are not located anywhere near them. I believe that this encourages players to just join the biggest gangs, since those gangs can instantly give them max income, despite the fact that there may not be another member in that gang anywhere near them. It also makes gangs want to snatch up every player they can, just to climb the leaderboards. To me, this game (being a location based game) should limit this, and instead create a bonus system for actually being in close proximity to other gang members.

My idea is to base gang income on gang territory in your county. The game already tracks leaders by county, so it shouldn't be that hard to implement, but this way, just because a gang has 50+ players in New York, that doesn't mean someone can start out as a brand new player in California, join that gang, and immediately get max income. Instead, they would have to seek out the active gangs in their area and decide whether they can build a gang that could take them out, or decide to join that gang.

I think maybe if you're a deputy for a gang based somewhere else, you could get some sort of bonus income from them, but the focus should still be on you earning your keep for them. So if a gang is at max income in NY, and someone starts up in California, becomes deputy for that gang, maybe they get an extra $1000/hr, but they still have to go out and capture tiles or recruit local players to gain income.

To me, this would make this game SO MUCH better, because no one should be able to just jump on and get max income from a bunch of players nowhere near them.
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How I would handle the income cap.

Post  Al_Capone on Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 18:00

We are debating this idea in the French section. Even further actually.

The revenues could depend on not the national gang, but the regional gang points

Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup on Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 18:08

Exactly! I think this would really deepen the game, and potentially give you guys the ability to upgrade the deputy position. I don't know if there is currently a limit on deputies, but I would suggest that one should exist if you decide to develop the role of the deputy further. But the way I see it, You have the chief somewhere, and I think the chief's income should stay the same. So if you are chief of a huge gang, your income is based on the totality of your gang. If you are a deputy, maybe you get x% of the gang's total income. And maybe down the road you can add another role that gets a smaller % of gang income just to deepen the gang structure. Otherwise, if you are just a member of the gang, you get what you earn. So if you are the only member of your gang in your area, you better get out there and take tiles. Earn your keep. Who knows, maybe you'll earn a promotion?

Additionally, maybe the deputy can have a stronghold, similar to the HQ, but with a lower limit. Maybe 400 men max on it. This would allow local players to see that there is a deputy in their area. These are just ideas, but I absolutely love this game...my girlfriend and I play every day...so I end up thinking of a lot of ideas for it! Keep up the good work!
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrobDobbins on Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 8:33

I like this idea. If I understand it right, it would give more incentive for people to play under one of the more local gangs rather than join one of the big conglomerates only interested in being #1 on the national leaderboards.

ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple on Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 11:49

I just read the posts and thought up the idea of a deputy like hq, then I carried on reading and seen that he suggested it Very Happy
I second that. Rather than have the income based on players have it based around head quarters. So the main hq will Have a huge radius where the income is whatever the gang gets (usually max) and anything out of that just gets their own income. But then deputies in other areas can drop a "hideout" spot that further exceeds the main hq income by so much.

This would mean platers would have to get a hq in order to gain full money benefits and deputies would be a must have in other areas to put down hideouts. Members that are nowhere near have a capped income of say 750, players around hideouts can gain up to the a total of 2500 and around the hq can get the full 3000 (or maybe more since the idea would work quite well).

Perhaps also a limit on how close hide outs can be to each other and the hq.

It's very similar to country specific but makes a little more action, travelling and movement needed.

DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackshade on Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 18:17

I love these ideas!

Blackshade
New gangster
New gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackshade on Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 18:19

This would work great with my safehouse idea! Under topic being alone

Blackshade
New gangster
New gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mosley on Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 19:24

DevilsNipple +1 to your suggestion!

Mosley
New gangster
New gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Johnston on Mon 4 Aug 2014 - 2:45

Anything happening on this? No offense intended to the big gangs out there, but it would have a much more LOCAL feel if there were benefits from recruiting that new guy on the east side rather than 100 miles out in Poughkeepsie.
Walt Johnston
New gangster
New gangster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum