5K income cap

Go down

5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Sat 28 Jun 2014 - 21:11

The 3k Salary cap is made to keep the equilibrium in the game and I like that. But instead of a 3k income cap how about a 5k income cap. That means more money in less time. And there will be more time to take over territory and fortify your own territory as well. And i was thinking, maybe the money cap could be 50k instead of just 10k because it's not right that you only have enough money to buy 100 henchmen and you have to wait almost 4 hours for your money 10 replenish back to 10,000.

Guys tell me what y'all think.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  JJHunter on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 1:48

I like the idea of 5k money cap, but make it unlimited money. So you can onky make so mu per hr but can store it :-)
avatar
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 116
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 2:42

JJHunter wrote:I like the idea of 5k money cap, but make it unlimited money. So you can onky make so mu per hr but can store it :-)

Store it as in having a bank? I like that idea. But I don't think the Devs will allow it because that would be kinda the same as an uncapped income but lets see what Nicorr says.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  JJHunter on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 3:00

They could reduce hourly income, and uncap the bank.
avatar
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 116
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 4:40

JJHunter wrote:They could reduce hourly income, and uncap the bank.
That wont really help unless you let it sit for a while to let the bank build. The motive behind my suggestion was to reduce some of the time consumption within the game so that you can have the option of not waiting for about 4 hours to replenish your henchmen while it's still fair. you know?

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  oetten on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 9:27

i don't like the idea of unlimited money, so a player wait some days and then he shutdown your hq in a few minutes because he can bay a lot of henchmen. do player who don't play active the game are in advantage.

oetten
Newbie
Newbie

Messages : 7
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 9:37

oetten wrote:i don't like the idea of unlimited money, so a player wait some days and then he shutdown your hq in a few minutes because he can bay a lot of henchmen. do player who don't play active the game are in advantage.
Exactly that's why I want to keep it capped at 50k.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Al_Capone on Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 11:41

I remind here that there is a income boost fo those who want to play faster (it doubles the income and the cap, making a 6k/h possible)

Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Messages : 1968
Date d'inscription : 2012-12-10
Age : 26
Localisation : Paris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 16:46

Nicorr wrote:I remind here that there is a income boost fo those who want to play faster (it doubles the income and the cap, making a 6k/h possible)
Yes that's true, but only for 5 hours. I was talking about something that is more of a default. Then if you want to extend your income more than 5k an hour then you can use the boosters.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  DevilsNipple on Sat 12 Jul 2014 - 11:16

Reading all this gave me some thoughts.

Firstly if you read the post about income depending on areas and hq then this idea can be put better to use. Having that idea and an income cap of 5000 would work very well.

About a bank idea I like it. But infinite isn't good and quick access isn't either. Perhaps have a bank that can hold a max of 50k but you cannot withdraw more than 5000 per half day (12 hours).

Money and men are good as are because you can buy packs to increase them. How else will the revs get more buy-able if all but able thing become free.

_________________
DevilsNipple!
Do it the Awesome Way!
avatar
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Messages : 209
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Tony Gambenie on Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 7:13

Why everybody keep crying about it won't be fair to have unlimited Money?

It's a Mafia based Strategy Game. You can't be mad that some body has the money to shut down an HQ or anything.

You're gonna lose a few areas eventually, & maybe even an HQ once. But that's why You take it back. It has to be a Winner eventually. Regardless of wgo takes what Both sides attacking will get points. So a $5k Salary Cap or More is a Good Idea.

Tony Gambenie
New gangster
New gangster

Messages : 34
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 7:57

Tony Gambenie wrote:Why everybody keep crying about it won't be fair to have unlimited Money?

It's a Mafia based Strategy Game. You can't be mad that some body has the money to shut down an HQ or anything.

You're gonna lose a few areas eventually, & maybe even an HQ once. But that's why You take it back. It has to be a Winner eventually. Regardless of wgo takes what Both sides attacking will get points. So a $5k Salary Cap or More is a Good Idea.
It's not that we are crying that they'll have the money to shut down a HQ. Unlimited money would be the same thing as unlimited Salary It's supposed to keep the balance. (it's the devs idea and I understand why) Besides A game isn't fun when it has no challenges to it and these caps gives challenge. Even though I still think the salary cap should be 5k and the money cap should be 50k. At this point if you want to hold more money you have to use your ingots(gold).

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  ScrobDobbins on Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 2:11

If anything like this were going to be implemented, it should take into account the level of the player's activity.

Allowing a person who hasn't played in a few days to come back to a large stash of money just isn't fair to the people who play every day.

If we were going to allow people to 'store' extra money it should have to be stored in territories that are owned by that gang so that the player has to physically travel to those territories to make deposits and withdrawals.

And if an enemy takes that territory, they would get all of the money that was stored in it.

Something like that would be fairly balanced because it would require you to actually play in order to build up a sum of money and also you run the risk of losing anything you store because enemy gangs could take it.

ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 66
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 3:15

ScrobDobbins wrote:If anything like this were going to be implemented, it should take into account the level of the player's activity.

Allowing a person who hasn't played in a few days to come back to a large stash of money just isn't fair to the people who play every day.

If we were going to allow people to 'store' extra money it should have to be stored in territories that are owned by that gang so that the player has to physically travel to those territories to make deposits and withdrawals.

And if an enemy takes that territory, they would get all of the money that was stored in it.

Something like that would be fairly balanced because it would require you to actually play in order to build up a sum of money and also you run the risk of losing anything you store because enemy gangs could take it.
50k money cap and a 5k salary cap isn't alot and it helps takeout the long waiting for cash to regenerate. what you was saying would just defeat the purpose any type of money just for the small fact that money is meant to be held on you. you're turning getting money into a mission. But I do think it should be a way you can invest your money into the properties you and your gang members own to keep the worth of your properties up.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  ScrobDobbins on Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 8:38

Deo Venator wrote:50k money cap and a 5k salary cap isn't alot and it helps takeout the long waiting for cash to regenerate. what you was saying would just defeat the purpose any type of money just for the small fact that money is meant to be held on you. you're turning getting money into a mission. But I do think it should be a way you can invest your money into the properties you and your gang members own to keep the worth of your properties up.

50k is 5 times the current limit, so that is a lot.

And my suggestion doesn't defeat the purpose of money, it gives you the opportunity to store EXTRA money - above and beyond what you currently can - *IF* you are playing the game. If you don't play, you can't take advantage of that feature. But if you do, you would have the whole new option of being able to store money you aren't using if you so desire. By definition that's an addition to what we currently have - it wouldn't defeat the purpose of anything.

The bottom line is that this is a geolocation based strategy game. My idea would add a whole new element of strategy. "Sitting at home doing nothing" should never be a viable strategy to get ahead in this game and without some sort of system like I suggested, increasing the amount of money a player could have on them would be doing exactly that.

ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 66
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  DevilsNipple on Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 9:38

I like the store money idea for territory's you said scrobdobbins, maybe every player in the game is allowed just 1 bank territory that you can place on any of your currently owned spot and it allows the keeping of an additional 20,000 or something. The territory could have a gold ring around it so everyone knows money could be stored there and will want to take it. Men could be bumped up to about 800 to guard that spot.

I honestly think that the 10k money kap is good. Just one gold update rakes it to 12k and that makes so much more difference. But even with 12k and 120 men I can go out take between 1 - 4 areas then I only need to wait 3 or 4 hours before I'm full again ready to attack once again. All a 50k cap would do is allow players to sit and wait a say then go out and take a good 10 - 15 spots without worry.

I think it's good how it is. A bank would be cool and allow everyone to get more money while also making it harder to keep and in need of defense. At the most the money cap could be 20k.i wouldn't want any more really.

_________________
DevilsNipple!
Do it the Awesome Way!
avatar
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Messages : 209
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  jackleg on Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 18:49

My 2 cents:

With all the missions and rallying and racketeering, if you set up your missions right and do good rallying and racketeer other players (and use the $2000 and 20 henchmens bonuses), you can turn your first play of the day into a pretty long run. I think the money is fine where it is (unless we change to regional based income), since there's plenty of other ways to get it.
avatar
jackleg
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 65
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 1:58

jackleg wrote:My 2 cents:

With all the missions and rallying and racketeering, if you set up your missions right and do good rallying and racketeer other players (and use the $2000 and 20 henchmens bonuses), you can turn your first play of the day into a pretty long run.    I think the money is fine where it is (unless we change to regional based income), since there's plenty of other ways to get it.
Well alot of people dont have money to spend on a game just to get where they want it to be and thats such a little bit of upgrade for the quantity of money you are paying. I just want the waiting for 4 hours to regenerate money to be reduced so we can play more of the game instead of making waiting a BIG part of the game.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  jackleg on Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 2:11

Deo Venator wrote:Well alot of people dont have money to spend on a game just to get where they want it to be and thats such a little bit of upgrade for the quantity of money you are paying. I just want the waiting for 4 hours to regenerate money to be reduced so we can play more of the game instead of making waiting a BIG part of the game.

Don't go there with me!

I haven't spent a dime on the game as of yet, and just through moving around town and rallying and completing missions and taking over HQs and stuff, I was able to upgrade henchmens to 120 and money to 12k with only 500 bars. They come pretty fast when you actually get out and play.

I think maybe your strategy of just "waiting" is not a good one, considering there are many other ways to get money and henchmens without sitting at home!
avatar
jackleg
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 65
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Deo Venator on Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 2:59

jackleg wrote:
Deo Venator wrote:Well alot of people dont have money to spend on a game just to get where they want it to be and thats such a little bit of upgrade for the quantity of money you are paying. I just want the waiting for 4 hours to regenerate money to be reduced so we can play more of the game instead of making waiting a BIG part of the game.

Don't go there with me!

I haven't spent a dime on the game as of yet, and just through moving around town and rallying and completing missions and taking over HQs and stuff, I was able to upgrade henchmens to 120 and money to 12k with only 500 bars.   They come pretty fast when you actually get out and play.

I think maybe your strategy of just "waiting" is not a good one, considering there are many other ways to get money and henchmens without sitting at home!
I do get out and play and I use up what I earn in a flash for wards to protect my properties I will be away from for long periods of time. And even if you use the 20 henchmen upgrade and 2k money upgrade. You still have to wait for money to regenerate after you've used everything up and thats what i'm trying to reduce. You shouldn't have to wait for money to regenerate for 4 or so hours.

Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 76
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-17
Age : 26
Localisation : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Bill The Butcher on Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:34

I think when they say keep it fair they are talking about new players...
If I just started and you had a bankroll of money I would never get going.
And some people would just uninstall.
I do like the ideas but new people would be at such a disadvantage.
Especially since they start off with only $1500 an hour.
Maybe use gold to increase the amount of money you earn an hour permanently.
avatar
Bill The Butcher
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 103
Date d'inscription : 2014-06-24
Age : 34
Localisation : Washington, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Al_Capone on Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:57

There is something important you need to know :

Areas values are supposed to decrease by 7.5% every day. It doesn't seems to be the case in the US, we'll have to fix that bug.

Point is : you shouldn't have all that money. So the 3k salary cap is not too low, it's your income that is too high

Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Messages : 1968
Date d'inscription : 2012-12-10
Age : 26
Localisation : Paris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

5k ??? wtf?

Post  Mafiamars on Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 14:12

Waou 5k income??? lol

3K its very good but wait the future feature (rally local-income local) Wink

_________________

Je dis la vérité même quand je mens, parole de gangster



NEW WORLD ORDER
avatar
Mafiamars
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Messages : 381
Date d'inscription : 2013-01-16
Age : 33
Localisation : Lyon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

level the playing field - remove the income cap

Post  gamecentrist on Sun 20 Jul 2014 - 21:23

I just found out there is a 3k income cap. An income cap decreases my desire to increase the size of my territory. I like this game because I thought the hourly income had unlimited possibilities. Having a cap on income and increasing the bank size with gold favors people with the most real life expendable income. I understand that the real world favors the rich, however, I don't play games to be reminded of that fact. I play games to get a temporary relief from that reality.

Lifting the income cap to unlimited would mean that people who travel a lot or are willing to spend more time in the game would reap the benefits. As the game is now, people who travel a lot and have the most expendable real life income reap the most benefits from this game.

My current Bank max is $16000 to increase it to $18000 I would have to pay $20 US, that's not going to happen. Any gold I get now will be spent on the income boost.

The best way to truly level the playing field of City Domination is to have no limit to the size of hourly income.
avatar
gamecentrist
New gangster
New gangster

Messages : 12
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-20
Localisation : USA, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  RexButtercup on Sun 20 Jul 2014 - 23:37

gamecentrist wrote:

The best way to truly level the playing field of City Domination is to have no limit to the size of hourly income.

I completely disagree. Having no limit to hourly income would only exacerbate one of the biggest issues the game has had so far, and that is people flocking to join the biggest gang, and gangs eagerly accepting every invitation.

I have spent countless hours considering the different possibilities for this game, because I think it does need a little more balance, but unlimited hourly income is not the way to do it.
avatar
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Messages : 69
Date d'inscription : 2014-07-01
Age : 35
Localisation : Dallas, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5K income cap

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum